Volunteers are vital to House of Friendship’s mission of service to those in need. In fact, more than 1,000 volunteers contribute almost 50,000 hours of volunteer time annually.
House of Friendship Inclusion and Diversity
Compassion, inclusion, justice and dignity are core values at House of Friendship and integral to our mission of service to those in need. We extend the hand of friendship to all; we believe everyone has a seat at the table; we value a society where all have a voice; and we honour the self-respect of each and every person. Therefore, we recognize and celebrate diversity, those characteristics that make individuals unique such as (but not limited to) national origin, language, age, race, colour, family structure, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic (income) status and gender identity.
Current Volunteer Opportunities (postings)
- Help raise money for a great cause at an exciting event by volunteering Friday, Oct. 20 and/or Saturday, Oct. 21. Volunteers are needed to help set up before the event Friday night and Saturday morning/early afternoon. Volunteers are also needed Saturday night to help in a variety of roles. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-742-8327 x 136.
Please Note: We post our current and most urgent volunteer opportunities on this web page. Be sure to check this page often as new volunteer opportunities can be posted at any time.
If you would like to be added to our Volunteer Pool, and learn more about the wide range of volunteer opportunities that exist:
- please contact email@example.com
- phone 519-742-8327 x 136
- download, complete and return a volunteer application form (below)
- for a fillable application form that you can email back to us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Typical Volunteer Roles
Learn more about each program to see how you can volunteer to support people living on low income and in need.
- volunteers can choose to work in specific program areas that align with their personal interests.
- volunteers assist with After School, pre-teen and youth programs plus the Food Distribution program. Contact 519-571-7953 or email@example.com
- volunteers assist with Food Distribution Day on Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers help set up tables, bag fresh food items and prepare food hampers for local families. Contact 519 570-3610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact 519-742-8327 or email@example.com to inquire about current volunteer opportunities
- a Thursday Relief Volunteer is needed. Please email your interest and a completed application form by July 24, 2017.
- volunteers assist with After School Programs and Summer programs. Contact 519-883-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- volunteer drivers take campers to and/or from local summer camps. Contact 519-742-8327 or email@example.com
- sorting and packing food items; cleaning and organizing; delivering food hampers; assisting with special projects. Contact 519-742-0662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Setting up the Christmas Hampers warehouse; sorting and packing food items; delivering food hampers; Turkey Trucks: handing out turkeys. Contact email@example.com or phone 519-742-8327 x 335
Administrative/office Volunteers – keeping our house in order
Occasionally, House of Friendship’s main office or a program will need administrative support. Duties could include answering the telephone, filing, greeting visitors, assembling mailings, etc. Please stay tuned to this page for any opportunities.
Event Volunteers – raising awareness and support
House of Friendship hosts several events throughout the year that require volunteer support for planning, preparations and during the event. For more information, contact Dawn at 519-742-8327 x 119 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Volunteers – Board Members and Board of Directors
House of Friendship is led by a 10-person Board of Directors, which draws Directors from a broader pool of over 40 ‘Board Member’ volunteers, who serve as ambassadors to the community and participate on Board/staff committees.more
Board nominations are accepted in advance of the Annual Meeting in June, at which time the Board of Directors is elected.
To discuss leadership volunteer opportunities, contact John Neufeld, Executive Director, at 519-742-8327 x 123 or JohnN@houseoffriendship.org